Tummy Tuck Houston
Getting a flat and toned abdomen is a goal for many people, but it can be difficult to achieve through exercise and diet alone, especially if you have excess skin or fat in the upper or lower abdomen. You’re not alone if you’re frustrated by your lack of progress.
A tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, can help you achieve a tighter midsection to help you look and feel your best.
At Avante Plastic Surgery in Houston, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ahmadi has helped many patients achieve a new, youthful, toned abdomen through tummy tuck procedures. Whether you’re looking to restore your pre-pregnancy body, lose excess skin and fat after weight loss, or feel more confident in your own skin, we’re here to help provide you with the best tummy tuck in Houston.
What Is A Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck is a cosmetic procedure. It is separate from the liposuction procedure. If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your midsection due to excess skin, excess fat, or muscle laxity, a tummy tuck can help you achieve the flat, toned abdomen you’ve been dreaming of. This procedure can be especially beneficial for people, men and women, who have lost significant weight or have gone through pregnancy and want to restore their pre-baby body.
How Is A Tummy Tuck Performed?
During a tummy tuck Houston procedure, Dr. Ahmadi will remove excess skin and fat from the abdomen and tighten the underlying muscles.
First, Dr. Ahmadi will make an incision the lower abdomen to elevate the skin. Next, he will make an incision around the belly button to release it from the surrounding skin while keeping it attached to the body. Then he will pull the skin down and remove the excess.
his procedure is customized to your unique needs and goals, ensuring you achieve a natural-looking result that complements your body shape and size.
Are Drains Necessary For A Tummy Tuck?
Absolutely not. Dr. Ahmadi has been performing drainless tummy tucks since 2002. No drain tummy tuck means less discomfort, quicker recovery, and less chance of infection.
“I’ve been to Dr. Ahmadi twice now and both times have been such a great experience. His staff, nurse, and himself make you feel so comfortable and you leave feeling great about yourself. He comes highly recommended!”
– actual patient
Why Choose Dr. Ahmadi For My Tummy Tuck?
At Avante Plastic Surgery, we understand that getting a tummy tuck is a big decision, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Dr. Ahmadi is a skilled and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon dedicated to providing personalized care and support to each patient. We always aim to help you achieve the best possible outcome and feel confident and happy with your new look.
Tummy Tuck Before and After
Can A Tummy Tuck Be Combined With Breast Augmentation?
Tummy tuck patients can have breast augmentation done at the same to as part of a mommy makeover to restore their breast volume at the same.
What Are The Benefits Of A Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck can provide numerous benefits, both physical and emotional. Here are some of the five key benefits of getting a tummy tuck:
- Improved body contour: One of the main benefits of a tummy tuck is improved body contour. By removing excess abdominal skin and fat and tightening the underlying muscles, a tummy tuck can create a flatter and more toned midsection, which can help you look and feel more confident in your appearance.
- Increased self-esteem: Many people find that a tummy tuck helps them feel more confident and comfortable in their own skin, increasing self-esteem and overall well-being. This can positively impact all areas of your life, from personal relationships to professional life.
- Relief from back pain: A Houston tummy tuck can sometimes help alleviate back pain caused by weakened abdominal muscles. By tightening these muscles, a tummy tuck can provide improved support to the lower back, which can help reduce discomfort and pain.
- Improved posture: A tummy tuck can also help improve posture by correcting the spine’s alignment and promoting better spinal alignment. This can lead to better balance and a more upright, confident posture.
- Improved urinary incontinence: Some women who have gone through pregnancy may experience urinary incontinence due to weakened pelvic muscles. Sometimes, a tummy tuck can help alleviate this condition by supporting the pelvic floor muscles and bladder.
- Removal of unsightly, itchy, or painful c-section scar: If you have a depressed c-section scar, a tummy tuck will replace the scar.
A tummy tuck can provide numerous physical and emotional benefits, helping you achieve a more toned and sculpted midsection and feel more confident in your appearance. At Avante Plastic Surgery, we’re committed to providing the highest level of care and support to help you achieve your aesthetic goals and feel your best.
Tummy Tuck Before and After
Who Is A Good Candidate For A Tummy Tuck?
While a tummy tuck can provide many benefits, it’s important to remember that it is a major surgical procedure that may not be right for everyone. The ideal candidate for a tummy tuck is someone who is in good overall health and has realistic expectations about the procedure and the results.
Here are some factors that may indicate that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck:
- You have excess skin and fat in the abdominal area: If you have lost a significant amount of weight or have gone through pregnancy, you may be left with excess skin and fat in the abdominal area resistant to diet and exercise. A tummy tuck can remove this excess tissue and create a flatter, more toned midsection.
- You have stretched or weakened abdominal muscles: If your abdominal muscles have been stretched or weakened due to pregnancy or weight gain, a tummy tuck can help tighten these muscles to create a more toned and sculpted appearance.
- You are at or near your target weight: While a tummy tuck is not a weight loss procedure, it is best suited for people at or near their target weight. Significant weight gain or loss after a tummy tuck can compromise the results.
- You are committed to a healthy lifestyle: To maintain the results of your tummy tuck, commit to a healthy lifestyle that includes regular exercise and a balanced diet. This can help maintain a stable weight and a toned, sculpted appearance.
At Avante Plastic Surgery, Dr. Ahmadi will evaluate each patient on a case-by-case basis to determine if they are a good candidate for a tummy tuck.
During your consultation, he will review your medical history, examine your abdomen, and discuss your aesthetic goals to determine the best approach for your individual case. We aim to help you achieve the best possible outcome and feel confident and happy with your new look!
LipoTuck™ vs. Traditional Tummy Tuck: What’s The Difference?
At Avante Plastic Surgery, we proudly offer LipoTuck™, the gold standard in body contouring procedures in Houston. Tummy tuck contours the abdomen only; it is not a body contouring procedure. This variation of the no-drain tummy tuck incorporates significant liposuction to the abdomen, hips, love handles, back, pubis, and axilla. It can help patients achieve a slimmer, more contoured midsection.
A few key differences are:
- Goals: The main goal is to produce an extremely contoured body by restoring its natural curves and flattening the abdomen. While a tummy tuck can remove the excess abdominal skin, it cannot sculpt the body.
- Technique: It involves combining a high-tension, no-drain tummy tuck, removing excess skin, and then using liposuction to contour and refine the surrounding areas. There is a good amount of artistry in the process.
- Recovery time: Although it is a more aggressive procedure than a tummy tuck, it is no longer than a traditional tummy tuck. Most patients can return to work and normal activities within one to two weeks.
- Brazilian butt lift: Due to extensive contouring, it is very rare for the patient to require a Brazilian butt lift.
So, which procedure is right for you? The answer depends on your individual needs and goals.
LipoTuck™ may be the better choice if, in addition to excess skin, you have fatty deposits in the abdominal wall, pubic area, back, flanks, and hips, and desire a more sculpted and toned appearance. A traditional tummy tuck in Houston, TX, may be more appropriate if you have more extensive skin laxity in the abdominal area. Dr. Ahmadi will guide you through your options during your consultation at Avante Plastic Surgery.
What Are The Different Kinds Of Tummy Tucks?
Tummy tuck surgery is not a one-size-fits-all procedure. Different types of tummy tucks can be customized to meet each patient’s unique needs and goals. Here are some of the most common types of tummy tucks:
- Traditional tummy tuck: This is the most common type of tummy tuck and involves making a horizontal incision along the lower abdomen and removing excess skin and fat. The abdominal muscles are tightened to create a more toned and sculpted appearance. This procedure is ideal for people with significant skin and fat laxity in the abdominal area.
- Mini tummy tuck: A mini tummy tuck in Houston, Texas, is a less invasive version of the traditional tummy tuck. This procedure involves making a smaller incision along the lower abdomen and removing less skin and fat. The abdominal muscles may or may not be tightened. This procedure is ideal for people with less excess skin and fat in the lower abdomen.
- Extended tummy tuck: An extended tummy tuck is a more involved version of the traditional tummy tuck that involves making an extended incision along the lower abdomen and the hip. This procedure is ideal for people with significant excess skin and fat in the abdominal and hip areas.
- Circumferential tummy tuck: A circumferential tummy tuck, also known as a belt lipectomy or plus size tummy tuck, involves making an incision around the entire circumference of the waist and removing excess skin and fat from the abdomen, hips and back. This procedure is ideal for people who have undergone significant weight loss and have excess skin and fat in multiple areas.
At Avante Plastic Surgery, Dr. Ahmadi will work with you to determine the best type of tummy tuck for your needs and goals. If you have a specific procedure in mind, mention it during your initial consultation.
What Happens During A Tummy Tuck Procedure?
If you’re considering a tummy tuck, it’s important to understand what happens during the procedure. While each tummy tuck is customized to meet the unique needs and goals of each patient, here’s a general overview of what you can expect during the procedure:
- Anesthesia: Tummy tuck surgery is typically performed under general anesthesia, which means you will be asleep during the procedure.
- Incisions: Dr. Ahmadi will make an incision along the lower abdomen, typically from hip to hip. The length and location of the incision will depend on the type of tummy tuck you are having.
- Muscle tightening: Dr. Ahmadi will then tighten the abdominal muscles by suturing them together, creating a flatter, more toned midsection.
- Skin and fat removal: Excess skin and fat will be removed from the abdominal area using surgical techniques, such as excision or liposuction. The remaining skin will be pulled down to create a smoother, more toned appearance.
- Incision closure: The incision will be closed using sutures, and a compression garment may be applied to help reduce swelling and support the healing process.
After the procedure, you will be monitored in a recovery room to be monitored until you are fully awake from the anesthesia. You must arrange for someone to drive you home after the surgery.
Recovery from a tummy tuck can take several weeks, during which time you must rest and avoid strenuous activity. Dr. Ahmadi will provide specific postop instructions to help you manage pain, reduce swelling, and support healing.
How Long Does A Tummy Tuck Procedure Take?
A tummy tuck procedure generally takes approximately two to three hours to complete. This includes the time it takes to perform the incisions, remove excess skin and fat, and tighten the underlying muscles.
However, it’s important to note that the duration of the surgery can vary depending on the type of tummy tuck being performed. For example, a mini tummy tuck may take less time than a traditional tummy tuck or an extended tummy tuck, which involves more extensive tissue removal and muscle tightening.
What Are The Recovery And After-Care?
Recovering from a tummy tuck procedure takes time and patience, and it’s important to follow Dr. Ahmadi’s specific aftercare instructions to ensure a smooth and successful recovery. Here’s an overview of what you can expect during the recovery and aftercare process:
- Immediately after the surgery: You will spend a few hours in a recovery room before being discharged to go home. You will be given specific instructions for caring for your incisions and managing pain.
- The first few days: You must rest and avoid physical activity for the first few days after the surgery. Dr. Ahmadi may prescribe pain medication to help manage discomfort.
- The first week: During the first week after the surgery, avoid strenuous physical activity and get plenty of rest. Wear a compression garment to reduce swelling and support the healing process.
- Two to four weeks: After two to four weeks, you may be able to return to work and normal activities, depending on your individual healing process. However, you must still avoid strenuous physical activity and follow Dr. Ahmadi’s specific aftercare instructions.
- Six to eight weeks: After six to eight weeks, you should be able to resume most normal activities, although you may still need to avoid strenuous exercise and heavy lifting.
It’s important to note that the recovery process and tummy tuck results can vary depending on the extent of the surgery and the individual patient’s healing process. Dr. Ahmadi will provide specific aftercare instructions to ensure a smooth and successful recovery.
In general, it’s important to follow a healthy diet and exercise program after a tummy tuck procedure to maintain the results and support the healing process. You may also need to attend follow-up appointments with Dr. Ahmadi to monitor your progress and ensure your healing.
How Musch Does A Tummy Tuck Cost?
A Houston tummy tuck cost ranges from $9,900 to $12,000. The tummy tuck cost varies depending on the surgeon’s experience and the type of tummy tuck. The exact price can be determined at the time of your consultation.
Achieve Your Dream Tummy
A tummy tuck can provide significant aesthetic benefits for people struggling with excess skin and fat in the abdominal area. Whether you have experienced significant weight loss, pregnancy, or aging, a tummy tuck can help you achieve a slimmer and more toned midsection.
At Avante Plastic Surgery, Dr. Ahmadi is committed to providing personalized care and support to help you achieve your aesthetic goals and feel your best. By working closely with you to develop a customized treatment plan, Dr. Ahmadi can help you choose the right type of tummy tuck and provide you with the support and guidance you need throughout the recovery and aftercare process.
If you want to learn more about tummy tuck surgery or would like to schedule a consultation with the best tummy tuck surgeon in Houston, Texas, contact us at Avante Plastic Surgery. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is here to answer your questions and help you get started on the path to a slimmer and more toned midsection