Rhinoplasty Houston, TX
Are you seeking rhinoplasty in Houston, Texas? You should be aware of the options available for this procedure. Finding the best surgeons in Houston, TX, allows you to get the nose you’ve always wanted. It can also address issues causing functional difficulties for your nose. So there are many benefits to learning more.
In fact, knowledge is crucial before undergoing this procedure. Understanding the benefits and concerns will help you communicate with your doctor. This page answers your top questions to help you prepare to schedule a consultation at Avante Plastic Surgery with the top rhinoplasty surgeon in Houston, Dr. Ahmadi.
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is sometimes casually referred to as a nose job. It is a surgical procedure to change the shape and size of the nose. It can improve the appearance or correct a functional issue, like a deviated septum. Rhinoplasties are the world’s fourth most popular surgical cosmetic procedure as of 2020. So it is an important concern for many people.
Rhinoplasty describes the “nose contouring” process and is a standard cosmetic procedure. As an experienced surgeon in Houston TX, Dr. Ahmadi can perform a rhinoplasty to complement your face and treat any issues.
What Cosmetic Alterations do Patients Seek With Rhinoplasties?
Patients request numerous cosmetic alterations when seeking rhinoplasties from a Houston plastic surgery expert. Among the numerous requests of patients seeking rhinoplasty surgery include the following:
- Nose hump reduction.
- Nose width reduction.
- Nasal tip refinement and projection.
- Nasal reconstruction.
- Crooked nose rhinoplasty Houston procedure.
- Nostril reduction.
- Chin augmentation in combination with rhinoplasty.
- Head and neck surgery if requested.
These are just a few of the most common requests. If you have a different idea, you should discuss it with Dr. Ahmadi.
How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
Rhinoplasties generally take around two hours to complete. Depending on the alterations, this number may range between 1.5-3 hours. This procedure requires general anesthesia and takes about two weeks to reach its healed appearance. Complete healing is usually attained within a few months. See our detailed outline later in this article. But keep in mind that everyone is different. We all recover at our own pace, so discuss your individual timeline with Dr. Ahmadi.
Who is the Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Houston?
Dr. Ahmadi at Avante Plastic Surgery provides the best service for rhinoplasty Houston, TX. Led by a top facial plastic surgery expert, Avante Plastic Surgery is the top choice.
Dr. Ahmadi and his team of experienced staff use high-quality technology and proven surgical techniques to ensure the best results for each rhinoplasty patient. However, for cost-effective solutions with proven results, Dr. Ahmadi is the top rhinoplasty surgeon in Houston, Texas
Rhinoplasty patient before and after
How Much is a Rhinoplasty in Houston?
The cost will depend on the type of surgery. Other factors include the complexity of the procedure and whether the procedure involves a rhinoplasty revision. Additional fees for anesthesia, facility fees, and other costs may apply. The surgeon’s fee will vary depending on experience.
Houston secondary rhinoplasty is often more expensive than an initial procedure. It is important that you discuss your goals with Dr. Ahmadi so that you obtain satisfactory results the first time.
We understand that payment options matter. That’s why we go the extra mile to accommodate our patients. Avante Plastic Surgery provides numerous options to pay for your surgery over time, including the following:
- Cashier’s checks.
- Credit Cards.
- Financing surgical fees via Alphaeon, United Medical Credit, or CareCredit.
What is the Best Way to Prepare for a Rhinoplasty?
Before your rhinoplasty procedure, discussing your expectations with Dr. Ahmadi is essential. During the consultation, Dr. Ahmadi will evaluate your nasal structure and facial features and discuss your desired outcomes. You must be honest and open with your surgeon to ensure the best results.
Before your surgery, prepare in the following ways:
- Adjust your current medications according to the guidance of your surgeon.
- Avoid smoking for at least four weeks before and after your surgery.
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and other anti-inflammatory medications for two weeks before surgery. Tylenol is OK for pain medication before surgery.
- Prepare with a saline nasal spray, surgeon-approved ointment, and other supplements you will need after surgery.
- Do not consume food or liquid, including water, after midnight the evening before your surgery.
- Have someone prepared to escort you from the hospital after your surgery.
Of course, these are just general best practices. Dr. Ahmadi will give you a more detailed and personalized plan. Be sure to ask if you have any questions, concerns, or comments.
“I have never had any type of sugery before and was very nervous. Dr. Ahmadi made me feel more and more comfortable with each vist all the way up to my surgery date.”
– actual patient
What Should I Expect During My Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Dr. Ahmadi will use various techniques to reshape the nose during your rhinoplasty surgery. Dr. Ahmadi may use a closed or open technique, depending on the procedure. Both options have some pros and cons. You must discuss your concerns with Dr. Ahmadi to decide which option is right for you. Here is a short explanation of the differences between these options:
What is Open Rhinoplasty?
Open rhinoplasty is the most common and widely used type of nose surgery. This procedure is done by making a small incision outside the nose, extending to inside the nose, and separating the skin from the underlying structures. The surgeon will then be able to access the underlying structures of the nose and reshape them as desired.
The open approach allows the surgeon to get a better view of the structures in the nose. This also allows for more precise corrections. After the surgery, the incision is closed with stitches.
What is Closed Rhinoplasty?
Closed rhinoplasty is a less invasive type of nose surgery. In this procedure, the incision is made internally, and the skin is not separated from the underlying structures of the nose. The surgeon then reshapes the structures of the nose through the opening.
The advantage of this approach is that there is less visible scarring. The disadvantage is that the surgeon may not view the nasal structures well. Therefore, the corrections may not be as precise.
Before your surgery begins, you will be given either general or local anesthesia. General anesthesia is used when the surgery is more extensive. Local anesthesia is used for minor surgeries.
What is the Recovery Like After a Rhinoplasty?
You can expect some swelling and bruising around the nose. You will be given instructions on caring for your nose during recovery.
- Immediately after surgery. After the procedure, your nose may be bandaged and splinted to help protect the nose as it begins to heal. You may also experience some discomfort. Pain medication may be prescribed to help manage any discomfort.
- During the first week. Your nose will begin to swell and bruise within the first week. The bandages and splints may need to be changed to ensure proper healing. You should avoid strenuous activities, such as exercise, during this time.
- During the first month. After the first week, the swelling and bruising should decrease. However, you may still feel discomfort and need to take pain medication. The nose typically takes months to heal to its natural appearance. That said, understand that the overall healing process is not yet complete.
- After the first month, you may be able to start wearing glasses or sunglasses. However, you will likely need to avoid strenuous activities for at least two more weeks.
- Months 2-3. Your nose should look more normal during this time. The swelling should continue to go down. You should still avoid activities that involve a lot of physical exertion.
- Months 3-4. The recovery process should be complete by this point. The patient should be able to resume all of their normal activities and enjoy the results of their surgery. However, the patient may still experience some lingering swelling and soreness.
Are There Options for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
Yes, there are non-surgical options. Dr. Ahmadi offers non-surgical rhinoplasty. This is an excellent option for those who want to make minor changes to the nose. These less invasive options typically employ one of the methods below.
- Dermal Fillers. Dermal fillers are developed from hyaluronic acid or calcium hydroxyapatite fillers. These fillers are injected directly into the skin to add volume to the nose. This results in a more balanced and symmetrical shape. Results typically last 6-12 months, though some injections can last up to two years.
- Botox. Botox injections can reduce the appearance of bumps and dents in the nose by relaxing the underlying muscles. This procedure can also help with asymmetry and reduce the size of the nose. Results typically last up to 6 months.
- Thread Lifts. Thread lifts are a minimally invasive procedure used to lift and reposition the skin of the nose. During thread lift procedures, your surgeon suspends the skin by stitching it upwards rather than removing loose skin. This procedure can help to improve the shape and size of the nose without the need for surgery. Results typically last 6-12 months.
The cost of non-surgical rhinoplasty Houston is less than that of surgical rhinoplasty. Dr. Ahmadi will inform you if you’re a good candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty.
What are the Benefits of a Rhinoplasty?
Along with an improved appearance, rhinoplasty can benefit patients in the following ways.
- Improved Functionality. Rhinoplasty can also help improve the functioning of the nose, such as reducing breathing difficulties caused by a deviated septum. This procedure can improve the quality of life for people with chronic breathing problems.
- Improved Self-Confidence. Many patients who undergo this surgery experience a boost in self-confidence due to the improved aesthetic of their noses, helping them feel more comfortable in social situations and have the confidence to pursue activities they may have avoided due to how their noses looked before the procedure.
- Improved Quality of Life. Rhinoplasty can also improve quality of life by reducing or eliminating breathing difficulties, which can cause sleep apnea and other chronic conditions.
- Improved Facial Symmetry. This operation can improve facial symmetry by subtly changing the nose shape, helping patients achieve a more balanced and attractive facial profile.
- Improved Health. Rhinoplasty can also help improve overall health by improving the functioning of the nose and relieving sinus congestion and pressure, leading to improved health.
What Should I Look for in a Rhinoplasty Surgeon?
When looking for any surgeon, it is crucial to consider various factors and qualifications to ensure your surgery is successful and safe. It is also essential to look for a surgeon who understands your goals and can provide realistic expectations. Avante Plastic Surgery is the best option in Houston, TX, and is led by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ahmadi, the best Houston rhinoplasty specialist.
Here are the most important factors to consider when evaluating which surgeon will be right for you:
- Board Certification. The gold standard for any surgeon is board certification. Look for a rhinoplasty surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, like Dr. Ahmadi at Avante Plastic Surgery, to ensure the surgeon has the necessary training to perform the procedure.
- Experience.The more experience a surgeon has, the better. Ask how many rhinoplasty procedures the surgeon has performed, and look at before and after photos to get an idea of their work. This is an area where Avante plastic surgery really stands out.
- Surgical Facility. The safety and comfort of the surgical facility should be a top priority. Make sure the facility is accredited, and the surgeons use sterile techniques. If you do an initial consultation, this is a good opportunity to make sure you like the facility.
- Artistry. Rhinoplasty is an art form. Ensure you like the aesthetic of the surgeon’s past work and that their results match your aesthetic goals. If available, you may want to compare before and after photos from their past patients.
- Communication. Communication is vital when selecting a surgeon. Select someone you feel comfortable talking with and who understands your goals for the procedure. Trust is important!
- Cost. Houston rhinoplasty cost depends on numerous factors, and the cost of this surgery can vary significantly. Ensure you understand what is included in the cost and that you get the best value for your money. The cost-effective and flexible financial solutions at Avante Plastic Surgery are perfect for a budget-friendly procedure.
- Reputation. Ask friends and family for referrals or look online for surgeon reviews. The best way to understand the surgeon’s reputation is to seek people who have had the procedure. But online reviews can be helpful, too.
Why Should I Choose Avante Plastic Surgery for My Rhinoplasty?
At Avante Plastic Surgery, we are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality care and results. We use the latest technology and techniques. Dr. Ahmadi strives to ensure the best final results for each patient. We have the best surgeon Houston, TX, has to offer, with certified expert Dr. Ahmadi.
We strive to create a comfortable and safe environment for all our patients. We are dedicated to providing you with the best experience possible. Our nasal reconstruction Houston services will surely satisfy you with your new appearance. And our additional services prove that we have the best plastic surgeon in Houston. We also provide facelifts, neck lifts, and other facial cosmetic procedures. Feel free to reach out and discuss your goals. We can likely help; if not, we can refer you to the correct healthcare provider.
Board-certified expert Dr. Ahmadi at Avante Plastic Surgery makes Avante the best option. Whether you’re seeking a rhinoplasty Houston doctor, ethnic rhinoplasty Houston procedures, or options for a liquid rhinoplasty Houston provider, we have what you need.
Ready to start a new and healthier chapter in your life? Call us at 281-265-2639 or contact us online to schedule a consultation to learn more about how we can help you achieve your desired results.